- Emergency Department
- Fitness Center
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Rehabilitation (In-Patient)
- Rehabilitation (Out Patient)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Senior Focused Care
- Sexual Assault Response Team
- Sleep and Neurodiagnostic
- Special Nursing Services
- Sports Medicine
- Volunteer Services
- Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center
- Weight Loss Surgery
Hays Medical Center's inpatient rehabilitation program is for individuals requiring assistance with mobility, safety, self-care, cognitive skills and/or communication as a result of:
- Brain Injury
- Neurological diagnoses such as Parkinson's, West Nile, autoimmune disease
- Multiple Trauma
- Hip Fracture
- Medical conditions such as pneumonia, COPD or cardiac illness
Admission requires a referral from your physician. Patients must:
- Be medically stable
- Have deficits in mobility, safety, self-care, communication and/or thinking skills
- Be willing and able to participate in an intensive rehabilitation program
Our staff conducts a thorough screen prior to admission to determine the patient's rehabilitation potential. The main questions we address in this assessment are whether the patient will be able to make a measurable improvement in physical strength and ability to perform activities of daily living. Patients need to be physically able to participate in at least 3 hours of therapy a day. Patients must also have the cognitive ability and willingness to participate actively in the rehabilitation program.
To refer call the admission coordinators: Joyce Mattison, MSN, RN or Stephanie Stahl, BSN, RN at 785.650.2752 or 785.650.2774.
Does my insurance cover inpatient rehabilitation?
Our admissions personnel will work with you to determine your insurance coverage.