- Are you a candidate for surgery
- Benefits of Weight Loss Surgery
- Finance Options
- Getting Started
- History of Bariatric Surgery
- Informational Seminar Schedule
- Nondiscrimination Statement
- Non-Surgical Weight Loss Options
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Our Team
- Southwind Surgical
- Support Groups
- Surgery Information
Are You A Candidate for Surgery?
You must meet these Requirements to be considered for weight loss surgery:
- You must have a body mass index (BMI) of 35 or more. This is usually approximately 100 pounds of excess weight.
- Or a BMI over 30 with a co-morbid condition. Some examples of co-morbid conditions related to being overweight are Diabetes Type 2, degenerative joint disease, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, congestive heart failure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, infertility, sleep apnea, urinary stress incontinence, or depression.
- Have an understanding of the operation and the necessary lifestyle changes you will need to make.
- Be committed to making the necessary changes
- Attend an informational seminar meeting (2 hours).
- Comply with necessary labs, consultations, and testing the doctors have ordered.
- Attend a preoperative education class (4 hours).
NEXT STEPS.........Getting Started