Volunteers are an essential part of Hospice. Volunteers bring their own unique skills and gifts and can help in a variety of roles such as:
- Staying with the patient to give the caregiver a break;
- Providing companionship;
- Calling or visiting bereaved family members;
- Assisting with support groups;
- Office help such as mailing, copying, computer work, filing;
- Craft projects such as the caregiver baskets, quilts, memorial candles, holiday activities, baking;
- Assisting with events such as the memorial services, volunteer training, the Community Memory Tree, garage sales, National Hospice month activities, All- American Breakfast.
You can also copy the Volunteer Application, complete and return to Hospice at HaysMed, 2220 Canterbury, Hays, KS 67601.