SART Members & Roles
Members of the response team include the following:
* Law Enforcement
* County Attorney
* SANE Nurses
* Victim Advocates
Roles of SART Members
* Investigates all parties involved.
* Investigates crime scene.
* Receives evidence and reports from SANE.
* Submits reports to County Attorney.
* Remains in contact with the victim during all phases of the investigation.
* Look at the facts of the case and files charges.
* Prosecutes for the State.
* Builds rapport with the victim and family.
* Notified on all victims under the age of 18.
* Conducts investigations.
* Victim History
* Head to toe examination
* Detailed genital examination
* Forensic evidence collection
* Forensic photography
* Courtroom testimony
* Provide comfort and support.
* Educate victim and their support system.
* Provides information and referrals to community resources.
* May be present during all phases of the investigation.