I really don't think you could find a more competent, compassionate and kinder group of nurses anywhere. They were exceptional! And I speak from having a vast knowledge of medical experiences.
Make clones of the nursing staff!! What a great staff and always very attentive. This department appears to be just right!
Hays, Kansas 67601
- 7am till 7pm, seven days a week including Holidays
- Appointments by calling SNS. Urgent patients also welcomed
Special Nursing Services is a specialized unit of HaysMed that provides assessments and treatments in the outpatient setting. It is designed for patients who don't need to be hospitalized or don't qualify for home health services but still require daily treatments.
Services are provided on a physician referral basis, by appointment only. The referring physician, or a staff member from their office, will need to call Special Nursing Services and schedule an appointment for the patient.
Treatments provided in Special Nursing Services include:
• Catheter Insertion Non-Indwelling (Straight Cath)
• Catheter Insertion Indwelling (Foley Cath)
• IV Immunoglobulin
• Therapeutic phlebotomy
• Central Line Management
• PICC and midline insertion, care and removal
• Blood Draw off Port -A -Cath (includes flushing port)
• Chemo Hormonal Anti-Neoplastic SQ or IM (Lupron and Zoledex)
• Chemo Non Hormonal Anti-Neoplastic SQ or IM (Methotrexate IM)
• Epogen (Procrit), Neupogen, Neulasta
• Iron Therapy
• Remicade, Tysabri, Gilenya
• Zometa, Reclast, Boniva, Prolia
• Blood transfusions/Hemophilia Factors
• Wound care procedures (acute wound care provided)
• Simple dressing changes
• IV Cardiac Support therapy
• Antiemetic Therapy
• IV steroids
• Tracking and monitoring of lab work
• IV/IM Antibiotics, antifungal and antiviral therapies
• Hydration and electrolyte replacement
• Rhogam injections
• Bladder Scanning
• We will assist your physician with the following procedures: Thoracentesis,
Paracentesis, Lumbar puncture and blood patches.
• And more...
Director: Joyce Mattison, RN, MSN
Full Time Staff:
Janine Kisner, RN
Mandy Leiker, RN
Lea Staab, RN
Sandi Schmidt, RN
Part Time Staff:
Karol Chaffee, RN
Diane Jarvis, RN