Mark Heimerman was born and raised in Hutchison, Kansas. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Life Science from Kansas State University and a Bachelor of Science in Physician Assistant Studies graduating Magna Cum Laude from Wichita State University in 1993.
Mark has served as a physician assistant since 1993 providing care in the Kansas region:
- 1995 – 2008: Joined Hays Orthopedic Clinic and served as a physician assistant in Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2009 – 2013: Returned to Hays Orthopedic Clinic as a physician assistant to Dr Sharma in Orthopedic & Spine Surgery.
- September 2014 to Present: Reunited with HaysMed/Hays Orthopedic Clinic to serve as a physician assistant in Orthopedic & Spine Surgery.
- 1993 – 1995: Upheld a position as a physician assistant in Orthopedic Surgery in Atchinson, Ks. Also while in Atchinson, he held a faculty position as a clinical site preceptor for Wichita State University
- 2008 – 2009: Served in Topeka, Ks as physician assistant in Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2013 – 2014: Performed as a physician assistant in Orthopedic Surgery in Manhattan, Ks.
He is certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and licensed by the Kansas Board of Healing Arts. He is also a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants