Patient & Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) was designed to improve the quality of patient and family care at HaysMed. The PFAC is comprised of Patient and Family Advisors and HaysMed Associates.
Patients and their families are often the most knowledgeable members of the care team, and can offer unique perspectives and valuable feedback regarding the standard of care they receive. Patient advisors represent the views of a diverse patient group, with members providing insight which represents different genders, ages, incomes, geographic locations, information from personal inpatient or outpatient experiences, and more.
HaysMed Associates represent a variety of medical disciplines and provide insight from the hospital perspective.
This shared relationship enables the PFAC, which meets on a monthly basis, to:
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns.
- Provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital.
- Generate new ideas to improve the standard of care.
- Act as catalysts and advocates to integrate patient-centered care across the institution.
- Promote patient-and family-centered care principles
- Establish priorities related to policy, programs and practices that support patients and families
- Assist in developing strategies to strengthen communication and collaboration between health care providers and patients and families
- Promote patient and family access to information, support and educational resources useful to them in making health care decisions
- Contribute to the education of present and future health care providers in the principles of patient- and family-centered care
- Assist in planning new facilities and facility renovations
- Develop creative and cost-effective solutions to problems
- Serve as a link between the community and the hospital
For more information about being a patient and family advisor:
Contact the Patient Family Advisory Team at: