Rave Reviews June 2018
Ambulatory Care Center
- Sam was great
- I appreciate the hospitableness of the nurses, anesthesiologists, and Dr. Shultz. Cave was superb. Thanks for everything! We are lucky to have Hays Medical in our community and region.
Women’s Center- OB
- My Ob nurse, Shannon, did a fantastic job from start to finish with my delivery. Lolly was very kind and helpful post delivery.
- Every single person helping on Emily and Braxton’s care team were exceptional! We really can’t thank each person enough. Our food orders were screwed up a couple times, but that was the only issue we really had throughout the time here.
- Our labor and delivery went very smooth. Everyone we came into contact with was kind and helpful. We are glad we were provided with the best care.
- The nurses explained things and were friendly. They did things in a timely manner. No complains and thanks to everyone, especially Dr. Hodny. He explained and diagnosed what was going to happen. Nurse Susan was excellent.
- I cannot thank the OB nursing staff enough for the care they have given my baby and myself. Each associate has treated us like family and given us complete confidence in their care. Abby, Patti, and Alicia; thank you, thank you, thank you!
- My nurses, Katie and Kaitlin, were wonderful! This hospital is lucky to have such great people working for it.
- Great job by all staff that assisted in our delivery and stay. Thank you!
- This was our first experience at Hays Med L&D. Overall it has been an amazing experience. Every one of our nurses have been helpful, knowledgeable, caring, and patient, especially during our delivery with our 4 year old in the room. They have been giving us their individual attention when needed, and privacy as requested. Anytime we needed anything they were prompt and efficient. Overall, our time here at Hays Med has been exceptionally good and I would absolutely recommend your facilities to someone. Thank you for everything!
- The Women’s Health Center has on two separate occasions failed to notify me of changes and inability to do procedures that are scheduled. This is unprofessional. The drive from Dighton to Hays costs me more than the appointment itself. I have never been so displeased with a Women’s center’s patient practices.
- Sloan has been amazing throughout the entire process! Our nurse, Kaitlin, was so sweet and helpful all day- so glad we had her! Thank you so much, Hays Med, for the great experience during this exciting time!
DeBakey Heart Institute
- I bring my mother to her appointments, and with having a family of my own, taking time off to get everyone where they need to be, I need to know to make arrangements far ahead of time for my job. I had even called the Monday after her diagnosis from the hospital to verify. The office lady was very nice and helped us get my mother seen to where I could be at the appointment. They could have seen her at 1:30, but I had to go back to work after lunch. It would have been nice for us, the staff, and the Doctor if we could have had the appointment right at the start. Dr. Ashraf, the doctor that did the procedure, was going to see her and we won’t be seeing him. Dr. Thapa was great though!
Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center
- To Michele in the Wound Care Unit, specifically in the hyperbaric chambers. She went above and beyond quality of care. She is very knowledgeable, caring, and gentle. When questions arose, she did the extra research for me to make sure my quality of care was done right. Michelle is a very knowledgeable, skilled, dedicated employee. I was so glad/fortunate to have her assist me with my care.
- We travel from Colby to receive the wonderful care from Dr. Green and Connie.
Hays Orthopedic Institute
- Melanie, Lacy from X-ray, Rachel, Briana, Brenna, and Dr. Sharma. Everyone was great at the orthopedic place. I worked here for 32 years. I love my job, people, and the place.
- Ko and Staff. RN Katelyn. My husband Tim (patient) and I could not have asked for better care than what we received. Everyone was wonderful! Thank you!
- Procedure went great. Everyone was very cordial and considerate. Appreciate everyone’s help.
- My care was very well. Was very professional, very patient, I was very pleased. Thank you all for this.
- Procedure was well explained and on time. Dr. Ko and RN Kelli were very professional. Great place.
- I received excellent personal care and experienced their knowledgeable staff. No comparison to the inadequacy of previous situations I’ve endured. I will recommend Hays Med. There was minimal confusion on medication. Initial communication could use update.
- Clifford AKA ‘babe’ (patient) and I were so pleased with how the PTs and OTs pushed Babe to keep working and trying. Their efforts have Babe moving and grooving because of the persistence, he is dressing himself, shaving himself, and not fussing when I have ask him to continue walking and using the stretch bands at home. Thank you ladies from a grateful heart.
- The care was wonderful. Staff was friendly and caring.
- Jeremy made me feel very relaxed. He didn’t pry but talked to me about my likes and hobbies.
- Jeremy did a super job taking the study. Great job!
- Jeremy was great! He’s a keeper! Mattress was too hard!
Acute Care Unit
- Tami was here my first night – first ever hospital stay. Tami did a superb job on making sure I was comfortable and making sure to make me feel at home. Christina was my day nurse and she also did an excellent job at tending to my needs and answering questions if I had any. The few other nurses and PCTs that did a great job also were Ashley, Hunter, and Brianna. Enjoyed my stay thoroughly because of these nurses and PCTs.
- Kind, helpful, and, affectionate. Great listening and input.
- Very satisfied with the services.
- We were exceptionally blessed throughout this whole process. Rebecca Green went above and beyond. Made sure we understood everything. Our nurses Tami and Kylie made our stay very comfortable. When my daughter was in pain, Tami made her feel better! Tami’s kind heart and caring personality was tremendous! We appreciate the care we received during our stay.
- From the time I arrived Friday morning, 1/26, for my surgery until I left Sunday, I had excellent care. The nurses were all so caring and professional. They took time to ask where I was from and visit for a few minutes each time they checked on me. Dr. Cunningham is great and explained everything thoroughly to us. I will definitely recommend your hospital to everyone I see. Thank you for such great care.
- The second floor nursing staff was superb. Outstanding nurses were Jade and Danielle. Outstanding PCT’s were Tyler and Brooke and Lab Tech Mayra. Only one nurse, Cathy, seemed distracted, disorganized. Please do not tell her I mentioned it.
- Danielle (nurse) and Madison (PCT). They both were very caring and listened to you. Thank you both very much. I was not impressed with the meals.
Bone, Joint, and Spine Center
- We had great care by Dr. Max DeCarvalho and his staff for my spinal surgery. Also, by the staff on the joint floor where I stayed. Shelby Rohr stood out as very caring and on top of my after-surgery care.
- The care I received at the Bone, Joint, and Spine Center during my stay (4/3/18- 4/5/18) for a knee replacement was exceptional. I want to especially say thank you to my nurses Amber and Kim, who I felt went above and beyond. They were wonderful.
- My husband was in room 2206 on the 29th of May for a fib. We can say we had very nice nurses just everywhere. One nurse especially stood out. Never have I seen such kindness. She made sure everything was explained. She was nicer than nice. She made you feel so welcomed. I hated to leave her. Her name was Kathy (RN) don’t know her last name. Wish I did so I could leave her a thank you card.
- There is not enough space to give everyone the recognition they deserve. First of all, Dr. Durham educated us from day 1 and we knew moment by moment what was going to happen. Robin and Fernando in ICU were amazing and personable. We were assured regularly my father was doing well. I stayed with my father 7 days and not once was I upset about any care. Even our housekeeper Beverly was a joy. HMC/UKHS feels like big city care with small town friendliness.
- I appreciated all the care I received while I was in the hospital. We had good nurses (especially Patti on CPCU) Keep up the good work.
- Though I have never really stayed in a hospital I would like to think they are as nice as you! From beginning to end EVERYONE was warm, personable, and helpful. Every time I needed something big or small someone was there to assist. It’s a wonderful, clean, and pristine. The artwork is carefully placed and are two works of heart!
- Clifford AKA “Babe” appreciated the excellent care of the staff during his 3 day care at Hays med. The empathy exhibited by the PTS/ OTS/CNA’s/ RN’s was heartwarming to “babe” his wife, and son. Thank you for the excellent care.
- I am completely satisfied with the quality of care I received while a patient at Hays med.
Dreiling Schmidt Cancer Institute
- They were very nice to me. They explained everything very polite and listening to me when I had questions. I have no complaints at all. Thank you.
- I have been well pleased with all my care at Hays Med. I would recommend your facility to anyone. Thank you so much.
- I have received radiation. The staff, Andrea, Haley and Melissa have been very professional and caring. They have been very reassuring during treatments. Any fear or anxiety I had they assured me it was normal. Thank you to all the radiation staff.
Breast Care Center
- Your staff is amazing! I had a breast MRI this morning. Tanya was so friendly and helpful during the procedure. Then, I saw Denise Garrison at the breast care center. She gave me the most thorough exam I had ever had, other than the same thoroughness of her prior exams. She is very supportive, a great listener, and very good at explaining what she is checking for. She gives me confidence in her expertise. I also had a sonogram of my breast. Both technicians were excellent, kind, and thorough. I was amazed that Dr. Whiteman came in also to perform a sonogram. He was very thorough, reassuring, and took his time. I felt valued and reassured by all of the great care I received.
Western Kansas Urology Associates
- This service needs to be publicized! I have been incontinent of bowel and bladder for 26 years. Four visits with Diana have changed my life. Diana treated me with courtesy and respect at all times. Her professionalism and knowledge made learning to control these functions (bowel and bladder) easy to face. I really appreciate Hays Med has made this service available.
- So glad I went to Diana for this issue. She was very helpful and I plan to continue the exercises to better myself. She is awesome with her expertise in this area.
- Cunningham and staff were great!
- All persons were courteous and efficient. Dr. Schultz
- Glenda – exceptional!
- Everyone was very friendly and caring. Glenda, Dr. Grove
- Thank you so very much for your pleasant demeanor. I felt cared for and listened to. One of the best staffs I have dealt with in a clinic setting. Thanks so much!
- Good job, professional. Dr. Cunningham and Glenda
- I had the opportunity to become acquainted with both Glenda and Dr. Teget and found them both to be very cordial, very knowledgeable and most helpful. I feel more comfortable about my upcoming surgery having been associated with them both in my pre-surgery visit.
- Everyone was very friendly. No complaints.
- Cunningham, Glenda
- Sara greeted me with kindness and respect. Glenda (nurse) asked all pertinent questions and did not make me feel inferior. Dr. Cunningham explained any and all questions as to why I had the symptoms which led to this visit. Also explained possible results of the surgical procedure. I was very pleased with the individuals encountered today.
- Friendly, caring staff.
- Nurse was very thorough and helpful. Dr explained things well and made sure all of my questions were answered. Dr. Schultz and Glenda.