2220 Canterbury Drive
Hays, Kansas 67601
phone: 785.623.6200 or 1.800.248.0073
Our mission is to enhance life's journey by offering care and education with respect, dignity and hope to individuals and families facing serious illness, death and grief by providing the best experience that humankind can offer.
Hospice is compassionate care for people of all ages facing a life-limiting illness. Hospice provides a team approach to medical care, pain & symptom management and emotional and spiritual support expressly tailored to the person's needs and wishes. Support is provided to the person's loved ones as well.
Hospice at Hays Medical Center is Medicare certified and licensed and has been providing services in Ellis, Rooks, Rush and Russell counties and the surrounding areas since 1978.
- focuses on comfort and quality of life when cure is not possible, honoring the wishes of the person and their family.
- provides physical, spiritual and emotional care to the person and their loved ones.
- care is provided by a team of health professionals and volunteers.
- nurses are on call 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- covers medication, medical supplies and medical equipment for comfort related to the terminal illness.
- care is provided in the person's home, nursing home or assisted living center.
- is available to persons of any age, religion, race or illness.
- care is covered under Medicare, Medicaid and many private insurance plans. No one is denied Hospice care due to limited or no insurance coverage.
- patients do not have to be home-bound and are encouraged to be as active as they wish to be.
- provides bereavement services for at least 15 months to the surviving family.
Member of NHPCO (National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization -- www.nhpco.org)