2220 Canterbury Drive
Hays, KS 67601 | Directions
Emergency Department News
- HaysMed Celebrates Forensic Nurses Week
Gayla Wichman - November 9, 2022
- HaysMed Designated a 2022 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital
Gayla Wichman - February 14, 2022
- HaysMed Among Nation’s Top Performing Hospitals for Treatment of Heart Attack Patients for Third Consecutive Year
Gayla Wichman - June 14, 2021
- HaysMed Emergency Room Nurse Receives Certification
Gayla Wichman - April 6, 2021
A 13 bed Emergency Department fully staffed 24 hours a day with experienced, qualified RNs and in-house board certified physicians
No appointment needed
The Emergency Department is a specialized unit of HaysMed that provides quality care in the emergency setting. Many of our ED nurses are Board Certified in Emergency Nursing.
In addition, the ED is staffed with nurses certified in:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation and STABLE
- Trauma Nursing, Pediatric Trauma Nursing, and Advanced Trauma Nursing
- Basic Disaster Life Support/ Hazmat/ Hazwopper
At the HaysMed Emergency Department patients are treated with respect and compassion in a safe and friendly environment. We strive to provide prompt evaluation, coordinated care, and appropriate diagnosis and treatment of emergent or life-threatening conditions.
Dr. Miller, Dr. Tsereteli, Lori in ER and Traci in PACU were all amazing to this frantic mother of a 12 year old appendicitis. Christina and Carlie in Peds and Jason in RT were wonderful.
Good service, nice doctors, treated with respect.
RN Holly was really nice and professional, very kind and does her job very well. Very pleased with her. Dr. Yarmer is also a good doctor, makes sure to get tests done and tries to make patients feel comfortable as possible while they are in his care.
This place is starting to be my home away from home. There is one person that needs to know what a great nurse she is and her name is Chris in ER. She has taken care of me several times. She is the nicest and caring person I have ever met. Please let her know how special she is.
All the nurses in ER and DeBakey are very nice. Tammy was excellent! She was very helpful and accommodating even with a 4 am check-in.
Emergency room staff were very good.