Losing weight can be challenging. Talk to your doctor or nurse about how to lose weight in a way that’s right for you.
What do I ask the doctor?
When you visit the doctor, it helps to have questions ready ahead of time. You can also ask a family member or friend to go with you to take notes.
Consider taking this list of questions to your next appointment.
- How does my weight affect my health?
- Do I have a health problem that’s affecting my weight?
- How can losing weight improve my health?
- What’s a healthy weight for me?
- How much weight should I aim to lose?
- How long will it take me to lose weight?
You may also want to ask about healthy ways to lose weight. For example:
- What are healthy ways to lose weight and avoid gaining it back?
- How can I change my eating habits?
- What kinds of physical activity are best for me to meet my weight goals?
- Are there any kinds of physical activity I need to avoid because of my health conditions?
- Could a weight loss program help me?
- What type of weight loss program would you recommend for me?
You can also add your own questions after learning how to aim for a healthy weight.