The Center Facility Features
The Center for Health Improvement is a 92,000 square foot facility that houses a 2-lane indoor track, Three Indoor Pools, a group fitness studio, a multi-purpose room, education room, community health library, a full size gym, and a playcenter for kids. We feature two floors of weight machines and cardiovascular equipment. While working out, you can take advantage of our Cardio Theatre system by watching one of our televisions or listening to music. A Wellness Specialist is always available to help you with any questions that you may have. The Center provides your choice of free weights or Magnum weight machines which will help you achieve your maximum workout.
The Pro-Shop and Juice Bar located within The Center provide a wholesome environment. If you want to grab a bite to eat or enjoy cup of coffee, stop by the juice bar X-press lounge. Need a swim suit or equipment to help you work out? The Pro-Shop will have what you are looking for.
Our Locker Rooms are first class, with private showers, basic grooming products, clean towels, hair dryers and a variety of other products. This will allow you to head back to the office, run errands, or go home and relax after a great workout. Our lockers can be used daily for your convenience or you can rent a locker. Locker rentals include laundry service, towel service, and a nameplate on your locker. Three family locker rooms as well as auxiliary locker rooms are available.
An Outdoor Fitness Trail lies on the east side of The Center and is well utilized by HaysMed Associates, Center Members and the Community. The distance of the paved trail is 3/4 of a mile starting at The Center and the nature trail is 1/3 of a mile.
Our mission is To Help People Get Well Sooner and Stay Well Longer in doing so making Hays the healthiest rural community in America. Our medical fitness center integrates traditional medical treatment with fitness, disease prevention and health education allowing each individual to achieve lifelong wellness. We are committed to life improvements through lifestyle change. We believe in an orchestration of care that covers all aspects of health and wellness.
Stephanie Schaffer-Howie, MS, AHFS
Fitness Director,The Center for Health Improvement
Awards and Recognition
- Kansas’s only Medical Fitness Association Accredited facility
- NOVA7 Award Winner for Best Innovation in Management, Marketing, and Sales for its 2005 Vote a Friend into Fitness Program
- NOVA7 Runner-up Award in Events, Classes and Community Outreach category for its 2008 Pound Plunge community weight-loss program
- Five-time National Winner – MFA National Walking Challenge (2005-2010)
- Kansas Health Champion Governors Award Honorable Mention – 2013
- Voted #1 Fitness Center – The Hays Daily News Readers’ Choice Winner 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 & 2014